I know a lot of people that like carrot cake. But this recipe is a little bit different, because it is nothing like the traditional American carrot cake. But, even though it is different, it is equally delicious. And the most important thing: It is so easy to prepare. Just place all ingredients into a blender (except flour) and that’s it!!!!
This is a traditional Brazilian carrot cake. Some people in Brazil like to bake the cake in a loaf pan or a bundt pan, and enjoy it with a cup of coffee or tea in the afternoon. But some people, like me, and my family, like to enjoy this cake with a lot of chocolate icing, and a cup of coffee. That’s right. You add chocolate icing on this carrot cake, and it tastes amazing!!!
I Hope you like the recipe. If you try my recipe, please let me know how it turns out for you 🙂
4 carrots small diced (about 1 1/2 cups)
3/4 cup canola oil
1 1/2 cup sugar
1 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
1 tablespoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 350F. Grease a 9×13 pan with butter. Line with parchment paper (optional)
- In a large bowl sift flour with baking powder.
- Place all ingredients (except flour and baking powder) into a blender and mix for about 2-3 minutes, or until all ingredients have combined.
- Add the mixture over the flour and fold until combined. Do not over mix.
- Bake for about 30-35 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Chocolate icing In a small saucepan add:
1 cup sugar
3 tablespoons cocoa powder (I use Ghirardelli 100% unsweetened cocoa powder)
2 tablespoons milk
1 tablespoon butter
Bring to boil over medium low heat. When it starts to form bubbles, pour over the warm cake.
Let it cool completely to harden the icing. Slice and serve 🙂
Click to print recipe: