Because Christmas is coming, I decided to make some of these cookies and give them has a gift to my friends.
So, today I will be sharing a butter cookie recipe that I love. It is a delicious buttery cookie with a hint of orange and almond flavor. They are naturally delicious. I actually don’t like artificial flavor in my food. I think the food tastes so much better, when you keep it simple using simple ingredients that you may have in your pantry. If you don’t have almond extract, don’t worry. Just use orange juice and the orange zest and your cookies will taste delicious anyway.
Here is the recipe. Enjoy it.
1 cup butter room temperature
3/4 cup sugar
1/2 teaspoon almond extract
1 1/2 tablespoons fresh squeezed orange juice
1 teaspoon orange zest
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
- Preheat oven at 325F.
- Using an electric mixer, beat sugar and butter until fluffy.
- Add egg and beat well. Add orange juice, almond extract and orange zest and beat well.
- Add 1 cup of flour and beat in the lower speed. Add salt, baking powder and the other cup of flour and beat a little bit more at low speed. Don’t forget to scrape the bowl, so the dough can get all the ingredients well combined.
- Roll out dough on flowered surface 1/4 inch thick.
- Cut using cookie cutters.
- Place cookies on cookie sheet lined with parchment paper or non-stick foil.
- Bake at 325F for 8-10 min or until firm and light golden brown.
- Cool in a cooling rack.
- Decorate as desired 😊
*Tips for decoration:
1) If you want to sprinkle colored sugar on your cookies, brush then with milk, right after you cut the cookies and then, sprinkle sugar. For my Christmas tree and star cookies, I used colored sugar and mini semi-sweet chocolate chips from Ghirardelli.
2) Instead of icing, you can use white melting wafer. I used for this recipe white melting wafer from Ghirardelli. The cookies taste sooo good 🙂
* Click to to print this recipe: