In the cold weather, I always think about baking something every day. This way, I can keep my kitchen warm and smelling delicious!!! One of my easy favorites, are muffins. They are so easy to make and can be ready in 30 minutes or so. I have a lot of muffin recipes that I created. But today I’ll share with you, banana walnut muffins. Have you ever had some very ripe bananas in home? The best thing is not to waste them, but use them in a recipe! There are a lot of recipes that can use bananas: banana bread, banana cake, banana tart, etc.… In my opinion, the fastest and tastiest are banana muffins. Try this recipe and enjoy it with a cup of coffee or tea on those cold afternoons. Good also for breakfast 😉
Banana Walnut Muffins (12 standard muffins)
2 mashed ripe bananas
1/3 cup canola oil
1/3 plain yogurt
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 1/2 cup self-rising flour
1/2 cup oatmeal
3/4 cup sugar
Pint of salt
1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- Line a 12 muffin tin with liners.
- Preheat oven at 350F.
- In a large bowl mix all dry ingredients and walnuts. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl using a wisk, beat eggs, add yogurt, oil and vanilla.
- Add bananas and mix well. Add to dry ingredients and fold just until all ingredients have been combined. Do not beat the batter.
- Fill the muffin liners 3/4 full.
- Top with streusel. Bake for about 20 minutes or until light golden brown.
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons oatmeal
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 2 1/2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- Mix all ingredients in a small bowl using a fork. Sprinkle over the muffins before baking. 😊
*Click to print this recipe: